1.5K views

I was referred to DaxMart from Google Shopping as the lowest price on a Nikon digital camera. I received a phone call and email inidicating they need to confirm something on the order and it was important that I contact them right away. When I called, they said that my camera only comes with a battery that lasts 20 minutes and that for a fee, they could sell me a real battery for a discount. When I said I would check it out and call them back, they said that I would not get the same deal.

In reality, the battery that comes from the factory is not based on minutes but rather photos and is one of the best in its class. I have since tried to cancel the order and am hoping for a easy exit.

Next time I will go with a familliar name.

Comments

Leland, North Carolina, United States #1041990

Im interested in buy the Canon 5d mark 3 with 24/105mm f/4l is lens for 1,899.00 after discount are they safe to buy from ? Please respond to : Terp62@myself.com

Knoxville, Tennessee, United States #966142

Daxmart just tried to do the same thing with me.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #964142

i'm trying to by a the canon 5d mark2 should get it from them or no

I actually purchased a Canon 7d from them back in mid 2011 - i received the camera, paid significantly lower price than anywhere else, the camera was all new and sealed and I still use it today.

I remember that i still initially got the phone call from them about the battery. I dont remember the details but i did in fact get into a bit of an argument with them. I think i did get the extra battery (but for only something around $25) but then it was never sent to me with the camera. I contacted them several times, had trouble getting a clear answer and as soon as I posted a negative review of them online they contacted me offering to refund me the amount for the battery they never sent, which they did. Somehow, 2 weeks later, they also ended up sending me the battery... so in the end the extra battery was free.

I am now looking to upgrade to a 5dM3 and considering daxmart again since it's almost a $1000 cheaper than elsewhere. It's tempting but hearing so many people's horror stories I also wonder if i somehow just got lucky last time... eeek, not sure...

I bought a camera through Daxmart. I was given the price of 449.99.

The website had the price as well as my email confirmation and my order status posted on their website. I received a call from "alan" 5 days after the online purchase from Daxmart telling me to buy a different battery for my camera. He said my Sony camera only came with a 20 minute battery BUT he could sell me an hour battery for 89.99. I said no but thanks anyway.

He said he would just give me the other battery for free. He then stated a new amount of purchase and hung up the phone before I could dispute it. When I called back they closed their office. I called back the following day and the same guy said that I had agreed to pay the new amount.

He said he would just cancel my order. He then hung up the phone before I could answer. I have been checking my bank account and I was still charged 489.99. I called and asked when I will be refunded my amount and he said in two weeks.

He said the sales department can take out whatever money they want to take out from my account if they want to. He said he is charging me addition fee of 29.99 for insurance. I never even received a confirmation number. My camera was never shipped out or processed.

I filed a police report. I recommend you guys filing a complaint on ic3.gov.

I received an email a week ago saying I would be refunded in 24 to 48 hours. I contacted the company and they told me I would have to file a chargeback.

Will someone that has received product from this dealer please post their address. Thanks.

Hi, I got the same upsale, but I was tired and the camera was still going to be cheaper than anywhere else, so I just went with it. I did receive the camera and it's all sealed in original packaging (I think).

The extended warranty that I got, however, was for a value far less than the base price of the camera and does not include the promised accident protection.

I've been trying to contact them to resolve this, but haven't had any luck. I hate this guy as much as the rest of you, but it was still cheaper than anywhere else.

#542023

I just got the exact same call as everyone else here -- tried to sell me a battery, a warranty, a "premium" kit, AND tried to charge me $67 for insurance on a $450 purchase! Needless to say I cancelled the order.

I found these guys thru Google. I wish I'd found this site before I ordered...

Yes they are still doing the battery scam. They only wanted 100 bucks more for 2 five hour batteries rather than the standard 20 min battery! Olympus only sells one battery for this camera and it is 35 bucks on their site!

I encountered the same battery scam with my order. They claimed the camera was an "OEM" camera and came with a short-life battery.

They offered to sell me the "retail" camera for $50 more. Of course, their website does not mention anything about the camera having a small capacity battery.

It also only lists the a single version of the camera (no OEM and retail versions). This is clearly a fraudulent bait-and-switch operation.

Same experience trying to buy Nikon D7000. Alan did bait & switch, saying the $819 deal was for an import camera when their website does not say that (he said it does but I must have an "old screen").

Then he said the battery that comes with camera only lasts 5 minutes and that would be an extra $200+ and then needed an extreme memory card that I found out they sell for about 10X the normal price. Ended up costing more than $1200. Canceled order and had to hang up on him because he kept arguing about it. He threatened to charge me for the "insurance" even though order not shipped yet.

Terrible business to deal with! Live & learn...

Same exact thing happened to me.bought the batterys they don't work with the camera, called and called. ONE MAN "PEGGY" SCAM

I had the same battery scam just happen to me...wish I had read this first. I ordered a Nikon D7000 with this "Company" ~ Allan is true to form with his bait and switch tactic with the battery. He said the battery that comes with the camera is a 320 minute battery and the 5 hour battery (which is just a standard one) is $149.00 extra.....what a joke.

I bought a Cannon S100 on Daxmart, input my credit card and had same rude call from "Allan". After not agreeing to his battery scam he told me he was cancelling the order.

It took 2 days to get a plain email saying the order was canceled even though now, a week later it still says on this questionable site "Preparation In Progress". I have had to put a block on my credit card as I feel they now have my details and could still charge at anytime. Should I cancel the card altogether and get a replacement?

This is a big ordeal for me as I am currently out of my home country. I am annoyed with myself as this is the 1st ever web type scam I have fallen for (I am in the business myself) :(

I purchased an Olympus camera from Daxmart because the price was less than half what other websites were charging. I was excited.

The next day after placing my order, I received a voicemail from Alan saying there was a problem with my order, and I needed to call him back. I did so, and he talked me into purchasing an extra 5 hour battery for 69 bucks, as the once included with the camera only lasted 20 minutes. Seemed reasonable, as we were going on vacation soon and I wanted the extra battery time. i didn't receive shipment notification as promised, so I kept calling and emailing like crazy.

They finally answered my call and said it had shipped the day before. Which was a lie. The label on the package (once received) showed a later date. They ended up charging my credit card 70 dollars more than agreed to, and charged me for 'free' shipping and handling.

Lo and behold, the battery included with the camera is dead. And is almost 4 years old. I called them back and they aren't taking my calls. It's one guy working there.

ALAN. What a joke.

I'm hoping to find some way to work this out with my bank or someone. DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!

Also ordered a camera thru them after seeing on Google shopping search that they offered the lowest price. Should have known there was a catch.

Eager to take advantage of their "sale," I went ahead and put in my order. All proceeded normally; received updates that my order was received for processing. Then the same email everyone else received,asking me to contact them to verify my order. At this point I could no longer ignore my suspicious.

That led me to this page. I read all these posts, then called them back, only to get their voicemail. Told them I upfront in my voicemail that I didn't want another battery and that I was looking to cancel my order.

Assuming I won't hear back from them... :(

Same story here when trying to purchase a Nikon. Received an email and phone call from Alan about the battery.

I told him I was not interested...just to send the camera. He then told me they wouldn't ship to my work address and that I must be home to sign for the package.

I agreed to that. He tried once again to sell me the battery and then hung up on me.

***Can anybody confirm that they actually received a camera from this company?

I ordered a camera and got the same call as everyone else. After saying I wasn't interested in the battery or warranty, he told me that it will ship from Japan in 3-4 weeks.

When I placed my order, it said 3-5 business days. I cancelled my order, hopefully they won't charge my card

Did anyone end up getting their camera from this website?

spyscool@hotmail.com

OMG...just got off the phone with "Alan." I called the company to make sure that the camera I was purchasing was not just a lens kit, but the whole camera. He did confirm to me that it was the whole camera. However, he mentioned about a battery for the camera...I might want to get another one...I said I am not interested in a new battery, just the one that it comes with and he said well "enjoy the camera.." and then hung up on me...He was very rude.....I am very nervous now if I will even receive the camera on time...